[Histonet] Symphony wicking

Cooper, Brian bcooper <@t> chla.usc.edu
Wed Oct 8 09:50:50 CDT 2014

We put our slides into the Symphony trays, then bake them at 75 degrees for 15 minutes in our incubators. Then we stain with our routine H&E program, which omits baking inside the Symphony. It's faster than having a bottleneck of slides stack up in the Symphony's intellique, awaiting baking.

Brian

Thanks,

Brian Cooper, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor,
Path & Lab Medicine
Children's Hospital, Los Angeles

Sent from my Galaxy S3, so please forgive any weird typos . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: Amber McKenzie [amber.mckenzie <@t> gastrodocs.net]
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]
Subject: [Histonet] Symphony wicking

For those of you who have a Symphony, how do you wick your slides?  Do you cut them and put them in a basket to drain and then transfer to the trays?  Do you cut them and lean them up against your water bath?  Do you out them in the oven for a few minutes before you load them onto the symphony?  Thanks!

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.