[Histonet] Bone Marrow processing using Immunocal

Patsy Ruegg pruegghm <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:54:00 CST 2014

I use a platform shaker and slosh the sample around while it is in decal solution at RT, just make sure it is well fixed before you decal, Immunocal is 5% formic acid decal solution it is not a fixative and it is a bit slower than some of the rapid decal reagents out there but is much better for IHC.  When I was in HemePath we would fix for about 6 hrs before decaling on the shaker for 2-4hrs depending on the size (thickness) of the bone bx.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting
40864 E Arkansas Ave
Bennett, CO 80102