[Histonet] Decalcified Bone Clearing time

Patsy Ruegg pruegghm <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:47:51 CST 2014

Make sure that you fix well in formalin before you decal (what are you using?), then I rinse off the decal solution (I use formic acid) and put them back into formalin before putting on the tissue processor for a longer than usual schedule and especially give them longer time to infiltrate in paraffin, at least 3 changes for 2 hours each after dehydration and clearing in xylene.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting
40864 E Arkansas Ave
Bennett, CO 80102