[Histonet] RE: anyone out there doing a DMAB-nitrite stain for tryptophan?

Wolfe, Christina christina.wolfe <@t> bms.com
Mon May 12 15:16:17 CDT 2014

As a follow up to my original questions - I now understand the ceolloidinise is the procedure using celloidin.  I am still having trouble finding a vendor for celloidin.  Can I substitute LVN in place of the celloidin?  Or maybe there is another method to use in this step.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Kristie

Christina Wolfe, BS, MLT (ASCP), HT, QIHC
Drug Safety Evaluation/Bristol-Myers Squibb
Pathology Dept.
812-307-2093

From: Wolfe, Christina
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:25 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: anyone out there doing a DMAB-nitrite stain for tryptophan?

Hi,
We are wanting to do the DMAB-nitrite method for tryptophan (Bancroft is the reference).  I have some questions about the method.  If anyone has experience, please contact me.  Below are my questions:

1.        Take sections to alcohol.  (What percentage?  Not sure if this matters).

2.       Celloidinise in 0.5 per cent celloidin.    (Where can I find celloidinise - is this still sold commercially?)

3.       In step 6 of the procedure there is an acid alcohol rinse (anyone know what the acid alcohol concentration should be?)

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Kristie

Christina Wolfe, BS, MLT (ASCP), HT, QIHC
Drug Safety Evaluation/Bristol-Myers Squibb
Pathology Dept.
812-307-2093

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.