[Histonet] Histology Service Supervisory Position open
Lesley.Bechtold <@t> jax.org
Thu May 8 07:45:51 CDT 2014
We have an opening for a Histology Service Supervisor position. Please see the posting below.
Supervisor, Histology Services
The Histology Service Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Histology Service. This includes supervision of facility staff, work flow oversight and contributing to the completion of the overall workload in the Histology Service. This includes supervision of facility staff, providing training and guidance as needed. This position also includes carrying out routine and advanced histological procedures and contributing to completion of the overall workload in the department.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing to clearly and effectively exchange information specifically in the development of protocols and interpretation of data.
* Current computer skills including use of spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail and internet tools. Must be able to utilize electronic databases and information management systems to record, monitor and analyze workflow.
* Must be able to function effectively in a team environment and work with frequent changes in schedules and priorities.
* Bachelor's degree in a biological science with HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) certification and eight to ten (8-10) years of histology experience as a certified Histotechnologist.
* Experience with histological techniques using animal models is desirable.
* Certification in immunohistochemistry (QIHC) is required although equivalent experience (2 or more years) in immunohistochemical techniques may be considered.
* Three to five (3-5) years of supervisory or lead experience.
* Supervisory or lead experience in a clinical or pharmaceutical setting is desirable.
Interested applicants should apply on line at www.jax.org/careers<http://www.jax.org/careers>, referring to job posting #4377 with a cover letter and resume.
Lesley S. Bechtold
Senior Manager, Histopathology Sciences
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main St.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you believe you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender by return email as soon as possible.
More information about the Histonet