[Histonet] Cryo Macrotome

Cameron Nowell Cameron.Nowell <@t> monash.edu
Wed May 7 21:49:11 CDT 2014

Hi List,

We are looking at doing whole mouse sectioning for imaging on a beta imaging system. Does anyone know of any other cryo macrotome systems other than the Leica CM3600 (http://www.leicabiosystems.com/specimen-preparation/sectioning/cryosectioning/details/product/leica-cm3600-xp/) ?

It is way too large for what we need (only mice/rats) and way too expensive.

Alternatively is there a standard macrotome out there for doing this sort of sectioning? What do people use for cutting full slices of human brain?

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Research Facilities Manager

Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monash University
399 Royal Parade
(Mail address: 381 Royal Parade)
Parkville, VIC, 3052