[Histonet] Award Spotlight - Ann Preece Scholarship

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed May 7 12:34:43 CDT 2014

Awards Spotlight - Ann Preece Scholarship

PolySciences, Inc. sponsors this $1000 award on a reimbursement basis. Polysciences has been sponsoring this award since 2004, Ann Preece passed in 2003.  She was born November 12, 1923 in Boston, Massachusetts. She worked at the pathology lab at Scripps Memorial Hospital and authored A Manual for Histological Technician which was published in three editions by Little, Brown & Co.  I'm old and lucky enough to have a copy of her book in my lab and I'm sure many others out there may also have a copy.

Award Criteria:
This award will be given annually to a qualified applicant who has excelled in working with calcified/decalcified bone, other materials such as stents in vascular research or bioengineering development. The specimens can be human or animal in origin. This award will support educational or professional certification programs that are intended to:

 1.  Enhance techniques and methods presently utilized in the nominee's institution, and/or
 2.  Support the study of new techniques under consideration for adoption in the nominee's laboratory, and/or
 3.  Support continuing education or certification.
The past recipients of this award are Sarah Mack, Carol Bain, Damien Laudier, Robert Skinner, Vicki Kalscheur, Linda Jenkins, Jack Radcliff, Helen Wimer, Gayle Callis and Nancy Troiano.  I know anyone who reads this list will know that these individuals are recognized as the experts in the field with respects to bioengineered constructs, stents, undecalcifed and decalcified bone.  If you know of anyone who excels and is passionate in this specialized area of histology then nominate them for this award. http://nsh.org/scholarships-awards/education/individual%20scholarships
Happy Hump Day!

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
liz <@t> premierlab.com<mailto:liz <@t> premierlab.com>
www.premierlab.com<http://www.premierlab.com/>

March 10, 2014 is Histotechnology Professionals Day

Ship to Address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504