[Histonet] specimen marking ink

Davis, Cassie CDavis <@t> che-east.org
Fri Mar 21 12:03:35 CDT 2014

Hi Histo World, as I was cutting to day I was thinking why don't we see if we could get specimen marking ink directly from a tattoo vendor? When I first started in histo I was told the ink we use was actually tattoo ink. As we know as soon as somebody labels something as a "medical supply" the price is increased. Just a cost saving thought, I mentioned it to my immediate supervisor but she think it would be a liability issue. I thought we could "test/validate it on skin tissue left over from a mastectomy or extremity. Any thoughts?

Cassandra Davis
CDavis <@t> che-east.org
302-575-8095

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.