[Histonet] Melanin Bleaching...

Sarah.Dysart <@t> stdavids.com Sarah.Dysart <@t> stdavids.com
Thu Mar 20 10:12:52 CDT 2014

So...I have never done this before.  I looked it up in the good ol' bible and found a couple protocols.  The pathologist wanted to use the 10% H2O2 procedure because he thought it would be more gentle.  So...the slides have been sitting in the 10% solution for 24 hours now.  While it is definitely working (slow as a snail...but getting lighter...), can someone please advise on what the end point of this looks like??
Thanks!!
=)

Sarah E. Dysart, BA, HT (ASCP), QIHC (ASCP)
Pathology Supervisor
St. David's North Austin Medical Center
12221 North Mopac Expressway
Austin, Texas  78758