[Histonet] IHC wash with dH20 / follow-up

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:36:23 CDT 2014

Buffer in of itself acts as a surfactant on the tissue sections a wash buffer such as a tris(TBS)has salts in it. Saline is a salt solution as you probably know.

I'm just giving my opinion as to the benefits of using a buffer but more importantly for anyone out there using a instrument for IHC to not use a wash buffer would have a nightmare.

Manually you might be able to get away with it for some antibodies. It's just not a recommendation I personally would make.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Kim D

Sent from my iPhone