[Histonet] Microwave Tissue Processing

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 07:02:40 CDT 2014

I have used a couple of vendor's MW processing instruments over the past 8-10 years. So it is used, even if it has not become as commonplace as conventional in every setting or market. It seems to be more favored in high volume settings, for pretty obvious reasons.  In teaching and instruction * my opinion * - you should teach them the theory and fundamentals for practice for ALL the possible tissue processing technologies they may encounter, and this is consistent with the approach to practice of the topics on the ASCP exam.They have to know the fundamental basics and then it is easy to expand to more emerging practices and technology. It would be more of a disservice to me if you left anything( either conventional technology or MW out), in your treatment of that topic.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC