[Histonet] Microwave Tissue Processing

Kelli Goodkowsky KGoodkowsky <@t> goodwin.edu
Fri Mar 14 06:47:26 CDT 2014

Hello all,
I had an opportunity to demo a microwave tissue processing unit for my students.  Is anyone using microwave technology for tissue processing and if so, could you please provide me some information on your experience with this?  There are many pros that I can see, including its ease of use and quick processing time which fits well with the student lab schedule.  I am wondering, however, what the likelihood will be that students will use this technology once in the field.  I don't want to do them a disservice by not using conventional tissue processing methods.  The majority of hospitals in the CT/MA area use conventional tissue processors.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Kelli Goodkowsky
Director Clinical Education, Histologic Science
Goodwin College
(860) 727-6917