[Histonet] RE: Cornflaking artifact

Metzger, Kenneth kenneth.metzger <@t> aruplab.com
Thu Mar 13 11:13:24 CDT 2014

Can anyone share the lot # on their coverslipping film (Sakura)? We are seeing this as well out of the blue..haven't changed a thing.

Kenneth G Metzger HTL(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
ARUP Labs
Salt Lake City, Utah
Phone: (801)583-2787 ext. 3101
Fax: (801) 584-5244
Email: kenneth.metzger <@t> aruplab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of HERRINGTON, SHEILA
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:42 AM
To: 'Laurie Colbert'; Sharon Scalise; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Cornflaking artifact

We also have recently started to see this artifact more than ever before, and nothing in our process has changed.  We have tried everything to correct to no avail.  Wonder if it is possible to be a change in some type of supply, either xylene or coverslipping film.  Something has changed but am at a loss as to what.

Sheila Herrington
Technical Lead Histopathology and Immunohistochemistry Kelowna General Hospital
2268 Pandosy Street, Kelowna, B.C. V1Y 1T2
250-862-4300 ext 7587 or 7510
Sheila.herrington <@t> interiorhealth.ca