[Histonet] RE: Recycle or not?

Mass Histology jstaruk <@t> masshistology.com
Thu Jun 26 14:01:30 CDT 2014

I used this exact argument in my defense (as suggested by the manufacturer
of my recycler) and the EPA responded with the following:

"You should consider discussing your recycling activity with MassDEP (the
state agency).  Every state has unique interpretations on when a recycling
license or permit is required--and the manufacturer of a device is not the
best contact to make that decision".

Jim
_______________________
James E. Staruk HT(ASCP)
 www.masshistology.com
   www.nehorselabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: James Watson [mailto:JWatson <@t> gnf.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:19 PM
To: 'Mass Histology'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Recycle or not?

This topic was discussed at a meeting somewhere that I attended and here
with our safety staff.  The work around that we do here to conform to waste
disposal regulations here in Ca. is that xylene for recycling is not
classified as waste,  so it does not enter the waste stream.  Since you are
not recycling  waste you are not practicing "waste management".

James Watson HT  ASCP
GNF  Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Tel
858-332-4647 Fax   858-812-1915 jwatson <@t> gnf.org