[Histonet] RE: rolling sections

Truscott, Tom ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:08:22 CDT 2014

Hi Roberta, Check with those requesting to see if you can cut the equilivant but with thicker sections that will roll- like 5 20's or 2 50's. The rolls are lots easier to get into the tubes. Tom T

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pam Marcum
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:00 AM
To: Helen Fedor
Cc: Histonet (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu); Roberta Horner
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: rolling sections

That is how we do it also.  Since they are not really interested in the sections being flat we just pick them and put them directly into the tube.If I am really having issues I will actually warm the block with my finger to help it roll.  If they are doing DNA or RNAase ou may need to wear glove to prevent any contamination of the blocks.

Pam Marcum

UAMS