[Histonet] Microtome

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 10:08:29 CDT 2014

When a microtome starts to "act up" the best solution is to give it an overhaul. If with the possibility of buying one, contact Leica or Sakura first. Both manufacture very reliable and durable instruments.
René J.

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:12 AM, Anne Murvosh <amurvosh <@t> advancederm.net> wrote:

Most companies will let you test run their newest microtomes. Let them
come to you and test for a week or so than pick the one you like best.
Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sylvia
Shockey
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 2:20 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome

Hello,
                   My name is Sylvia Shockey I work in a histology lab.
One of our microtomes is not working properly and would appreciate some
advice on purchasing a new one or maybe refurbished.  I have had some
quotes on a Tanner scientific manual rotary microtome, titan 5000 .
Thermo Shandon Finesse and a Thermo Shandon Microm HM325. Mr. Grimm with
Thermo fisher has new and used on both of these models. Help me please I
don't want to buy a clunker.  Thanks for your time.