[Histonet] HS IHC project

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Mon Jul 21 13:19:21 CDT 2014

T cell and B cell markers work well with human spleen.

From:   Patsy Ruegg <pruegg <@t> ihctech.net>
To:     "Histonet <@t> Lists. Edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date:   07/21/2014 11:08 AM
Subject:        [Histonet] HS IHC project
Sent by:        histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Friends,

I am going to help a local HS class (a Biotech class) do
 a simple IHC project.  This class already processes tissue, embeds,
sections and does an H&E stain.  My husband fixed up an old black AO
 microtome for them to use and they actually cut sections.  They cannot
use human tissue there so what they have available is mouse spleen
already ffpe.  I was thinking of using a rab antibody that works on ffpe
 ms spleen.  Ki67 comes to mind?  It has been a while since I was in the
 lab so I am consulting with you all to make sure a rab poly or rab mono
 Ki67 will indeed stain a ffpe ms spleen?  If you have evidence of this
can you tell me which ab was used successfully.  If you can think of a
better rab ab to use on the ffpe ms spleen for this project let me
know.  It would help if we could keep it simple for antigen retrieval.

One of our kind vendors will be donating IHC reagents for this HS class
project.

I hope the IHC meeting is going well in Vegas, wish I was there.

Cheers,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting