[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 128, Issue 17

Riesen, Rebecca Rebecca.Riesen <@t> hma.com
Sat Jul 19 10:41:04 CDT 2014

Liz had some great suggestions! The one that I have found to be the MOST important is #4.  Standing my slides up at a slight angle and allowing the moisture to drain out from under the section AND then letting the drained slides sit and dry for a good long time is extremely important for adherance to be successful (I've never gone as far as a week, although it couldn't hurt, but at least overnight seems necessary).  I would focus on that, so you first get good adherance and then the other tips following the proper drying will then help keep them on.  Good luck!

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 14:44:13 +0000
From: "Murphy, Valerie" <murphyv <@t> karmanos.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Brain tissue coming off slide
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'"

We are staining human FFPE brain sections for Her 2 Neu and we're having a problem with tissue coming off the slide during the HIER step.
We are currently using Vectabond coated plus slides and using a decloaking chamber for HIER.
Are there any other steps we can take to prevent  tissue coming off the slide?

Thank you,

Valerie Ratliff
Karmanos Cancer Institute

Message: 5