[Histonet] pre-ordering special stains

Sullivan, Beatrice BSullivan <@t> virtua.org
Tue Jul 8 13:02:46 CDT 2014

I know this was discussed just recently but I need feedback on the current trending to not pre-order specials based on tissue type. Example: Antral bx receives a diff quick, silver stain or IHC stain before looking at the H and E stain. I think the last I remember reading on this site was that certain insurances were not paying if not needed. Thanking you in advance.

Beatrice L. Sullivan
Corporate Histology Supervisor
Virtua, Voorhees
856-247-3144

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

This message, and any included attachments, are from Virtua Health or its related affiliates and is intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein is privileged, proprietary or may include confidential information and/or protected patient health information. Any unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or otherwise disseminating or taking any action based on such information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please delete this message promptly and notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to ISSECURITY <@t> virtua.org.

Thank you