[Histonet] Re: Golgi staining (Histonet Digest, Vol 122, Issue 29)

Tyrone Genade tgenade <@t> gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 09:46:30 CST 2014

Hello Mariela,

> From: Mariela Chertoff <marielachertoff <@t> gmail.com>
> Subject: [Histonet] Golgi staining
> I would like to ask you if you have a reliable protocol for Golgi staining
> of spines (without kit).

You can try the one at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21228908 . I
tried it and it did stain my fish but the 37 oC trick wasn't useful for me
25 oC fish... My staining was never as intense as shown in the article. The
authors were also very helpful in trouble shooting.

But, to be honest, it might be cheaper and less frustrating to talk
with Ronald F. Mervis (http://www.neurostructural.org/) and find out how
much his help will cost. He has Golgi staining down to a fine art.

Tyrone Genade