[Histonet] Re: Activated charcoal for VIP 3000?

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Fri Jan 24 16:49:00 CST 2014

Dear Mike,

Our VIP K series had plastic containers to hold the charcoal and was
refilled from bulk, and hopefully your VIP 3000 (you said 300?) has the same
containers.  I used charcoal for fish aquarium filters from a local pet
store.    It was cheaper than activated charcoal from other laboratory
charcoal suppliers and although the charcoal pieces were a bit larger, the
fume filtration still worked.   One reason for trying this was charcoal from
Sakura for the K series processors was being discontinued for older models,
and a bit of ingenuity with lack of funding drove me to try it.   Newer
aquarium charcoal can be smaller as I refill my kitchen over the stove top
filter at home since I can't find the replacement filters anymore.

It may take some price comparison at PetSmart and Petco versus what you have
found already.  Buying in bulk would be ideal.  Try Amazon and/or do a
Google search.

Gayle Callis

HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)