[Histonet] Wright Stain on paraffin sections

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Fri Jan 24 14:12:15 CST 2014

For formaldehyde-fixed material the pH has to be lower than for methanol-fixed blood or marrow smears (for which pH6.8 is best).
For your sections try pH 5.0 first. Go down in steps of 0.5 if too blue; up in steps of 0.5 if too red. The colour scheme is not a varied as with a blood film, but it's prettier by far than H&E.

John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada
= = =