[Histonet] How to process tissues submitted in acrylamide

Catherine Simonson catherinesimonson <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:45:23 CST 2014

Hello Helpful Histonetters,

I have some samples that were fixed in PFA, placed in acrylamide gel and
then treated with iodine for microCT at another facility.  The investigator
now wants to follow up and get H&E's on these samples.  I know how to deal
with the iodine, but my question is this:  what is the best procedure to
process these samples to slide?  Do I run on a long processing schedule on
the processor, or do I do sucrose cryoprotection and get frozen.
Morphometry seems to be an important factor.

Thanks in advance,

Catherine Simonson, B.S., HT(ASCP)