[Histonet] RE: Recuts/deepers

Trini nguy0515 <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 12:23:38 CST 2014

This is my first time working in a GLP/GMP lab, Ive only been here for 6 months.
 We cut a variety of tissue. At trimming is where they decide what tissue to go in what cassette and so one cassete could have 4-6 different types of tissue. And on the other hand we do osteoinduction studies, and when we get recuts for the OI it means that our first section given to the pathologist did not pass the requirement. The pathologist  sometimes list what they are looking for and I have noticed that the problem is the tissue was not embedded at the same plane in the block. I do admit I have cut shallow before because I did not want to go too deep to get the other section and lose the tissue before it (example: adrenals).  My plan after I get opinions/advice on histonet is to go talk to the pathologists and study directors.

Thank you for your help!!!
Trini