[Histonet] RE: HER2/NEU

Martha Ward-Pathology mward <@t> wakehealth.edu
Wed Jan 15 11:04:10 CST 2014

That is an interesting observation, as we have seen something of the same thing and we use the Dako Herceptest.    I would be interested in hearing others responses as well.   Thank you for asking the  question.

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Manager

Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Medical Center Boulevard  \  Winston-Salem, NC 27157
p 336.716.2109  \  f 336.716.5890
mward <@t> wakehealth.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Knutson, Deanne
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:46 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] HER2/NEU

I just wanted to see what others in the histology world might be experiencing.

We have seen a marked increase in the percentage of HER2 cases resulting as Indeterminate, when we compare our last year patient predictive marker results to this year's results.
The clone we are using is CB11 from Cell Marque.

We did a HER2 study last year where we sent out our cases for a second opinion, and the study showed others interpreted our Indeterminates as that also.
Has anyone else also noted this increase in their annual comparison, and what clone are you using?

It is so nice to be able to reach out to our peers with these types of questions.
Thank you for responding back!

Deanne Knutson
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center