[Histonet] RE: error rate for sectioning

Michael LaFriniere Michael.LaFriniere <@t> ccplab.com
Tue Jan 14 13:32:56 CST 2014

Hi Patricia,

Error rates should not be set by employers. You should have an effective QA management program and committee even in small practices with the Medical Director as the Chair. The committee sets and establishes error rate thresholds with monthly monitors in place to seek opportunities of improvement should error rates exceed below the set threshold.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Michael R. LaFriniere, HT (ASCP)
Executive Director

Capital Choice Pathology Laboratory

12041 Bournefield Way, Suite A * Silver Spring, MD 20904

P: 240.471.3427 * F: 240.471.3401 * Cell 410-940-8844

michael.lafriniere <@t> CCPLab.com