[Histonet] Warthin Starry Help

Campbell, Tasha M. tmcampbell <@t> fmh.org
Tue Jan 14 08:55:24 CST 2014

I need help with warthin starry stain please.  I am a very small lab
trying to save money so I want to make the reagents myself.  I have
sigma Aldrich dry reagents and have been making the reagents and
following the instructions correctly and I did get the stain to work
wonderfully when I first started.  Then suddenly it quit working and I
cannot get it to work again.  I have made fresh reagents day after day
and I have a pH of 3.8 for the acidulated water.  The tissue will stain
normally with the yellow to brown background and I the developing
solution turns black when it is left on paper but the h.pylori organisms
are not staining.  I am getting very frustrated and need some help
please.

Thank you.

Tasha Campbell, HTL

tmcampbell <@t> fmh.org