[Histonet] IHC control slides

IRENA irena.kirbis <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 05:03:15 CST 2014

Hi,
there is disagreement at the our dept regarding the control slides for IHC, so far on the control slides there is only writen control, marker and date of staining (on automated stainer) but there is NOT indicated/writen the ID of control, however I believe or it's obvious to me that is necessary/mandatory to write and document properly also the ID of control to be able to follow the performance of each individual control over time at least, looking forward to hear any other argument to support (or not) my feeling, is there any reference stating how should be control slides documented/stored etc. I think that it's not enough just to have any positive control present but you should also be able to demonstrate at any time which control did you use, how many times and what was the performance of each control?
many thanks in advance
Irena