[Histonet] Soaking artifact

b427297 <@t> aol.com b427297 <@t> aol.com
Sun Jan 5 20:40:48 CST 2014

Your supervisor is wrong, and inexperienced.  What artifact?  Some tissues MUST be soaked on wet ice, spleen, liver, eye lens, anything bloody -   You just can't get quality sections without soaking some tissues. You can tell her I said so.  I'd like to know what artifact she is 'seeing'.
Jackie O'Connor

-----Original Message-----
From: Deanna Leslie <dea.leslie <@t> gmail.com>
To: histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Sun, Jan 5, 2014 3:44 pm
Subject: [Histonet] Soaking artifact

Has anybody in histoland ever heard of this?  I have been cutting tissue
for 25 yrs and until recently I had never heard of this!
I am under contract to a facility and the supervisor there does not want
anybody to soak their tissue or use ice!  Your are supposed to use the cold
plate, because as I have stated soaking them causing an artifact. I have
not disputed this because it is not my place or in my job discription as a
traveler.  I am not even sure what it is supposed to look like or what type
of problems it causes.

Thanks for listening!
Deanna Leslie HT ASCP