[EXTERNAL] [Histonet] Blocks cracking

McAnn, Sherrian Sherrian.McAnn <@t> va.gov
Tue Feb 11 12:45:34 CST 2014

We too are having that problem.  I had heard that the paraffin had been
changed and now we get cracks.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Erica
Canal
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 5:51 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Histonet] Blocks cracking

Hello all,
We are wondering harder paraffin makes blocks more fragile.
We have been using Leica's Formula R and on a few occasions & when we
have mailed blocks out, we receive them back in pieces. Could this be
because of type of wax we are using? The quality of our slides is great,
we just seem to be having a problem lately with our blocks breaking
after they have been sent out & we want to try to prevent that.