[Histonet] RE: Clinical histology to Research histology

Truscott, Tom ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu
Tue Feb 4 09:42:46 CST 2014

Hi Cassie, For me, it has been mostly positive changes. I went from feeling like a robot cranking out slides and rarely hearing about any impact on the patient to being involved from start to finish on published articles in research journals. I've been able to use cutting edge technology to help develop new diagnostic tests. For the most part I've been able to work independently, at my own pace. The annual budget crunch can be annoying, but good research usually gets funded. I've had to cut way more serial sections than I did in clinical and do primarily IHC and work closely with WADDL for processing and a few special stains. Sometimes, you have to know when to quit trying to make something work. I could probably ramble on. Any specific questions? Good luck with your endeavors! Tom Truscott

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Davis, Cassie
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:50 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Clinical histology to Research histology

Hello Histo World,

       please share your experience from going from clinical histology to research histology...What are the major difference? Are there complications or pleasant surprises?

Cassandra Davis
CDavis <@t> che-east.org
302-575-8095

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Catholic Health East and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.