[Histonet] Instrumentation grants

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay blayjorge <@t> gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 01:42:14 CST 2014

Dear Histonetters:

Recently, I became aware of a research university that has been running
expensive imaging instruments (e.g. electron microscopes) *without* service
contracts for 2+ years, due to lack of funding. I have no idea what was the
funding agency that allowed this institution to purchase the instruments (I
suspect it was a US Federal agency) and when were the purchases made (I
suspect the purchases were made at least 5 years ago). I have a few
questions.

Do you know of any unit that provides ongoing support for

1. Servicing instruments (“service contracts”, e.g. electron microscopes).

2. Maintaining facilities or centers containing such imaging instruments.

If you have any suggestions, please email me directly at:
blayjorge <@t> gmail.com . Apologies for potential multiple emails you may
receive.

With gratefulness,

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD