[Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx

Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Thu Dec 4 12:22:20 CST 2014

But you can't use sponges with the microwave processors............................at least not with the Sakura Xpress

Jeanine H. Sanders
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
404-639-3590
jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy Schmitt
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 1:19 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Needle Bx

Our group puts the biopsies between sponges - they don't move around or get tangled and we process them with the small biopsies.  Good results.

Nancy Schmitt
United Clinical laboratories
Dubuque, IA

>  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:49 AM
>  To: Histonet Post (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
>  Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Needle Bx
>
>  How do others process prostate needle bx's - what kind of cassettes
> do you use?????Do you use sponges?????Do you
wrap the tissue in lens paper?????Do you process them on a biopsy (short) run?????Our bx's always seem to be less than optimal, but we do not have problems with other small bx's.

>  Laurie Colbert

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any attachments. Thank you.