[Histonet] Job availability

Nalesnik, Michael nalesnikma <@t> upmc.edu
Wed Aug 27 21:36:12 CDT 2014

Hello Histonetters!

I have subscribed to this message board for awhile and would first like to thank you for all of the helpful suggestions I have picked up just by reading the posts.
I am writing because we have an opening for a Histology Supervisor in our laboratory. This is at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is a large and busy lab that services several hospitals in our system. Our hospital was ranked #12 nationally and #1 in Pennsylvania for 2014-5 by US News and World Report. We have recently undergone CAP inspection with no deficiencies cited and are seeking to strengthen our lab by staying current (or ahead of the curve) while keeping 40 or so pathologists happy at the same time. Given the size of the lab we have a laboratory manager who is currently doing yeoman's work in performing the work of both positions for now.
We are looking for a knowledgeable person who is independent and can work with and manage people. We also need a person who is open to innovations that may arise as a result of the forces that are impacting the way that pathology is practiced. I think this would be a challenging and satisfying position for the right person.
Pittsburgh has frequently been named as one of the best cities to live in the US, most recently by the Economist (excluding Honolulu!) and as a transplant from New Jersey who has lived here since 1977, I can vouch for the fact that it is a very enjoyable place to live regardless of whether you are young or old.
If you think this might interest you, or if you would like more information, feel free to contact either me or our lab manager Rachel Wall (wallrd <@t> upmc.edu) who is more familiar with the specifics of the day-to-day operations of the lab.
Look forward to hearing from you, and thanks!

Michael A. Nalesnik, M.D.
Professor of Pathology
Medical Director, Histology and Immunocytochemistry Laboratories
Division of Transplantation and Hepatic Pathology
nalesnikma <@t> upmc.edu