[Histonet] Microtome for HS Biotech Class

Patsy Ruegg pruegghm <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 14:47:58 CDT 2014

Dear Histo Peeps,

I am on the advisory board for a local high school Biotech class and have been helping them process, embed, cut, and stain tissue (they use chicken livers can't use human).  My husband fixed up an old black AO microtome for them a few years ago so they actually cut sections.  This year the teacher contacted me and told me that her usual class of about 20-24 has gone to 32 and she doesn't think she will have enough time to teach everyone to cut a section with just one microtome.  She asked me if I knew anyone locally they could borrow a microtome from, so I have been asking around but since I am retired I do not have access to many resources anymore.  I thought I would put this out to our histo community especially if there is someone local in Colorado that could help us out.  I also thought that one of the equipment vendors like Rankin might be able to help out.  This is a Cherry Creek High School (Overland) and the teacher said the school would give out receipts for tax purposes for any donations received.  Thank you all for considering this request.

Best regards,
Patsy

PS
Maybe our past and new Region VII directors (Janet and Jane) could help with this???

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting
40864 E Arkansas Ave
Bennett, CO 80102