[Histonet] Bubbles in mounting media

Melissa Ng melissa.ng <@t> spdscientific.com
Thu Aug 7 03:53:29 CDT 2014

Dear Histonet,

I am having a major problem with bubbles in my mounting media. I am currently using the Leica coverslipper and Cellpath mounting media (Phalate free). Micro-bubbles are observed on the slides after sometime of coverslipping. In fact, when I checked the media, I found lots of bubbles inside the bottle too! There were no bubbles in the bottle prior to placing the mounting media with the machine (I checked!). Also, we do not see any bubbles in the tubes that lead to the probe!

Previously, we were using the Leica mounting media (yellowish liquid) and there were no bubble issues. I have checked with other labs using the Cellpath mounting media (they use Leica coverslipper too) and no one seems to be having the same problem as us!

The Cellpath mounting media is way more viscous compared to that of the Leica media.

Has anyone here experienced a similar issue, and how have you resolved it?

Appreciate all the help I can get!

Best regards,
Melissa