[Histonet] neutralize formalin

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 11:07:48 CDT 2014

Maryann:
In spite of any seller's or user's opinion, I tried ALL available formalin neutralizers available in the market up to 2002 and was able to detect, after the so called "neutralization", significant amounts of free formalin still present.
Because of these results I decided to keep sending my used formalin to a "disposal" company even when as established by law, MY LAB was responsible of any problems with that used formalin even when we did not dispose of it, meaning that the disposal companies are NOT liable for any problem. I recommend you to look into this "cradle-to-burial" responsibility for your lab. in your state.
We recycled our xylene until I developed a tissue processing method using only 2-propanol and mineral oil instead of ethanol and xylene and all our xylene related health problems disappeared with a significant improvement of processed tissue quality.
René J.