[Histonet] Protocol for decalcifying and processing large bone section.

Clough, Bret Clough <@t> medicine.tamhsc.edu
Tue Aug 5 10:55:29 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,
 I was hoping someone on histonet would being willing to help me by either sharing their protocol or advising me on decalcifying and processing large bone sections. The bone sections are from the femural head of sheep measuring roughly 1cm x 1 1/2 cm cube.  Currently I’ve been decalcifying the samples in 0.5M EDTA which is taking along time to decalcify this being the 19th day.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
   Bret Clough
   Texas A&M Health Science Center
   Temple, TX.