[Histonet] RE: competency form

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:50:45 CDT 2014

I appreciate your thoughts. True, seems like they couldn't be too specific in their requirements if they cannot list specifically what they require ( when you specifically ask), what a sentence! We will all find out if that is the case or not soon enough.
Anyhow, I just want to agree with you that all the signs seem to be that there will be tightening, based on their magazine articles and web site postings, etc;
seems like validation & verification, competency, PT & ( interlaboratory correlation) will be at the top of the list...stay tuned.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:37:55 +0000
From: suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
To: joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
CC: trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com; smah2 <@t> msn.com; amber.mckenzie <@t> gastrodocs.net; ronald.houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: competency form

So I went to one of the CAP webinars regarding competency  And when I asked what about

histology there were complete silence on the other end of the line and than they said there was

nothing for histology.

At our site they want something for very division so I put together a basic form and use it

for the multitude of major tasks in histology.  We are not getting inspeted until next year but

from what I hear CAP is planning on making major changes for the pathology protion of

CAP's checklist, what that means I do not know.

Since CAP canot give us concrete rules for histology I think that anything a lab does is

better than nothing, and shows initiative on their part to meet CAP's requirements.

Since this is a peer review the inspector can suggest alternatives but

cannot say you are in violation because the do not "like" your form.

Just my thoughts

S. Paturzo

TJUH