[Histonet] ZInc formalin

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Sep 18 18:51:38 CDT 2013

Dianova has an excellent antibody for CD31 in mice for FFPE tissue samples.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 881-0763 cell
(303) 682-9060 fax
liz <@t> premierlab.com

Ship to address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mesru T [turkekul <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:29 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] ZInc formalin

Dear Histonetters,

I do not think there is a good CD31 (PECAM-1) antibody that will work on
FFPE mouse tissues. If you have one please let me know. We use CD34 rat
mono (Abcam) and Meca-32 Rat mono (Dev Hybridoma Bank Iowa Univ.) to label
endothelial cells of blood vessels in FFPE mouse tissues.
There is a CD31 Rat mono from BD that will work of 10% NBF fixed, sucrose
protected cryo embedded mouse tissues with antigen retrieval.
The same CD31 Rat mono from BD will also work on Zinc Fixative  from BD
cat# 51-7538KZ ( it is a solution of ZnCl2 and maybe other zinc salts but
no aldehyde) fixed paraffin embedded mouse tissues. The morphology of the
section will be suboptimal due to this novel fixative.
If anybody has any experince with this Zinc Fixative please would you share?

Regards,

Mesruh Turkekul
mskcc.org