[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 118, Issue 23

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Thu Sep 12 15:36:38 CDT 2013

To the Samurai Pathologist,
I, in no way was attempting to 'lump you into a derogatory statement' about older pathologists.  According to your posts, you value the knowledge and experience of the techs you encounter.  I respect and applaud that. Wish we had more vocal ones like you.
Please forgive me if it sounded that way.  I am a big enough girl to apologize for an inadvertent insult.  Not my intention.
Some older pathologists have only been in one or two labs in their careers and are reluctant to realize that times have changed and that techs have to be acknowledged and recognized for their work.

Sincerely,

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT(ASCP)
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Instructor/Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
713-563.3481

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:41:44 +0000
From: "Marcum, Pamela A" <PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu>
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Re: Unregistered HT
To: "'Bob Richmond'" <rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com>,
	"Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Thank you Bob!  I remember when pathology residents had to spend some time in histology learning at least enough to know we were a team not enemies.  Residents now barely get to see the Histology Lab so expecting them to see us as anything other than labor is a part of the issue.  Their world is changing and I am not sure how it will play out for AP as whole.

Deming was very sure as you stated that worker feedback and more importantly input into the process of every area of manufacturing was the key to having a both a creative and happy workforce.  Deming wanted to encourage creativity for the workers so they were part of the whole process.  We are rarely asked for input in any area of the work arena due to the tiered system that has developed in all areas of employment today.  It is usually the squeaky wheel that get the grease or in this improvements in any area of the workplace and life.

Pam Marcum