[Histonet] Unregistered HT

Deloris Carter delsuec <@t> gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 15:39:12 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can share a job description for an unregistered HT
position. I also need to know if unregistered HT's are allowed to cut
frozen sections.  I know there is a limit to what they can do, especially
where IHC and special staining are concerned, but I really don't know about
frozens, since it's a lot like regular microtomy, except for the H&E
staining of the slide. I also understand that facilities might have
different descriptions, but what I'm really looking for is what CAP allows
them to do.

Thanks for your help,

Deloris Carter, HT(ASCP)
SMMC