[Histonet] EPIC Beaker

Beth Brinegar bbrinegarhtl <@t> gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:53:45 CDT 2013

Good afternoon!  We just went live with Epic Beaker June 2013 and it's been
one fat mess.  I have plenty of information for anyone interested.  It
seems there were lots of things that weren't considered for AP with Epic
beaker.  We have faced a lot of problems with go-live.  My first piece of
advice is to keep all you pathologists VERY involved with the build
structure and to consult with  Optime frequently.  We've had the most
difficulty with Optime and Beaker "talking" and specimens getting lost in
Epic.  Or, we've had AP specimens get lost in core lab, and everything has
to be reordered to get things moving.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.  The build is a big
beast, and we didn't have much success with our go-live because there were
many things we didn't really know to consider.

Beth Brinegar HTL(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
319-432-2239 (cell)

Beth Brinegar HTL(ASCP)