[Histonet] Microtome Blade safety, in or out when not in use?

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Mon Oct 28 08:34:55 CDT 2013

Hi Leah-
We leave the blade in behind the guard and we also lock the wheel when we leave the microtome.
Nancy
Histology Coordinator
Dubuque, IA
Message: 8
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:33:43 +1100
From: Leah Simmons <leah_simmons22 <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome Blade safety, in or out when not in use?
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Hello all :-)
I am doing a quick microtome blade safety survey,
When you finish work, do you leave your blade in the microtome behind the blade guard or do you take it out?
If you take it out and it is a new blade or a blade still useful for trimming  where do you store it?
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.
Regards
Leah Simmons

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.