[Histonet] Microtome Blade safety, in or out when not in use?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri Oct 25 11:43:05 CDT 2013

I always take it out. You never know if someone will come along and do something...

In our lab the mircrotomes do not strictly "belong" to any particular tech, and they are used by different people at different times of day or different shifts.

Tim Morken
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Leah Simmons
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:34 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microtome Blade safety, in or out when not in use?

Hello all :-)
I am doing a quick microtome blade safety survey, When you finish work, do you leave your blade in the microtome behind the blade guard or do you take it out?
If you take it out and it is a new blade or a blade still useful for trimming  where do you store it?
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.
Regards
Leah Simmons