[Histonet] Endometrial biopsies

Diana McCaig dmccaig <@t> ckha.on.ca
Tue Oct 22 06:32:28 CDT 2013

In the past when we receive these samples there has been no issues cutting them.  Over the past few months there has been a tendency for these blocks to shred into fine strips when cut.  Almost like there was sand in the blocks.  Mollifex, decal, warm or cold, doesn't matter they still shred.  Getting levels is such a challenge.  I have inquired at the collection site to determine if there is a change in the process of collecting that could cause this.  I have ensured the samples are not left on gauze or something to allow them to dry out. Even blocks with lots of blood and/or mucous will shred as well as blocks with only a scanty amount present.

Is anyone else experiencing this.

Diana
Chatham Kent Health Alliance