[Histonet] Re: India Ink for marking surgical margin borders

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 12:56:05 CDT 2013

Barry Rittman observes:

>>When I used to mark  biopsy specimens it was mainly to allow correct
orientation of the block in the wax and to allow the  marked area to be
seen when orienting and cutting the block rather than visualizing in a
section.<<

Good point I hadn't thought of. In surgical pathology, if the embedder
needs to see the ink, than the pathologist needs to see it too. That
wouldn't be true for all research applications.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN