[Histonet] Mouse lung IHC false positive/background issue

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Oct 11 20:28:25 CDT 2013

if any part of your detection is something anti mouse you will get binding to all mouse tissue Ig not just the Ig associated with the antibody u are using.  What is the host species of the antibody being used?  Most labeled polymer detection systems use a link step which is usually rab anti mouse for mouse antibodies to link the rab portion to the labeled polymer 3rd step which is usually goat anti rab if you are using a rab antibody on mouse tissue u can skip the link step and go directly to the goat anti rab labeled polymer, avoiding anti mouse reagents.

From: NMargaryan <@t> luriechildrens.org
To: lu_ze <@t> sbcglobal.net; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 20:01:55 +0000
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Mouse lung IHC false positive/background issue
CC: rebeliza <@t> gmail.com

I have same problem for other Abs using in on mouse lung tissues... My secondary and tertiary have no problems on other tissues for negative controls as well....

Naira
Confidentiality Note: This message (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the named recipient(s) only and may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.

Ranked nationally in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report  (LCHOC Ver 1.0)

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  (LCHOC VER 1.0)