[Histonet] Asbestos microtomy advice?

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Tue Oct 8 21:09:54 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

Odd question (one I never expected until this week): if a researcher was injecting fairly large asbestos loads (~75-100 injections) into research mice, would you use extra precautions while performing microtomy?  On thousands of tissue blocks?  The injection sites are so numerous, we easily note the colors of the type of asbestos fiber-clusters while grossing.

Our concern, is mainly in the act of trimming and microtomizing the tissue.  Noteworthy publications for histology?

Grateful for any advice (in advance),
Hugh
UH cancer center
Hawaii