[Histonet] RE: MOHS IPs

Bauer, Karen L. Bauer.Karen <@t> mayo.edu
Wed Oct 2 09:47:26 CDT 2013

Thanks for the reply,

We are pre-fixing in a formalin substitute, but we'll give the acetone a try.  I have diluted the protease, but have not gotten any good results.  We'll keep trying with that as well.

We've tried multiple incubation times for the cytokeratin... From 5 minutes all the way up to 30 minutes... With no luck.

We are using an enhanced polymer DAB.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I greatly appreciate it!  :)

Karen

Karen L. Bauer HTL/HT (ASCP) | Histology Supervisor | Pathology | MOHS Lab Supervisor | Dermatology | Phone: 715-838-3205 | bauer.karen <@t> mayo.edu | Mayo Clinic Health System | 1221 Whipple Street | Eau Claire, WI 54702 | mayoclinichealthsystem.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:36 AM
To: Barbara Tibbs; Bauer, Karen L.; 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: MOHS IPs

   I  agree with Barbara try fixing in cold acetone/ethanol mix even =
   just  for  a  couple  of minutes then go directly to buffer do not dry
   after=x,  I  would dilute the protease 1:4 with buffer (PBS or TBS
   what  ever  u  u=) and do it for a short time.  Enzyme digestion on
   frozen  sections  i=ricky  but  fixing a little and diluting the
   enzyme  should  help  prevent  ov=  digestion.   How  long  are  u
   incubating  the  primary?   Are  u usin=n enhanced labeled polymer
   detection?  HRP/Dab or AEC or Alk.P/fast=d?